Monday, August 17, 2009

Badminton Fever!!!

Yeap, this post is all about badminton. With the BWF World Badminton Championship just concluded, it showed the whole world the passion, thrill, and attraction of badminton. The best example is the grand finale of the tournament, the men doubles final which managed to excite the crowds on the edge of their seats. The showdown between China's Cai Yun - Fu Hai Feng and South Korea's Lee Yong-dae - Jung Jae-sung is a mouth-watering match, much anticipated by the badminton fans around the world and they battled till death for the world title, gave the fans worth of the money they paid for the tickets.

The final is the result of the defeats of Malaysia's top 2 pair to the respective teams. If not, Malaysia will have a guarantee of a final place. However, with the results that they had against the finalist, it is not a total lost for the Malaysian teams. Talking about entering into final, I thought Lee Chong Wei will be able to make it but he was lost in quarter-final with a three-setter game. I hoped he can do it next year.

The men doubles final is all about power, deception, pace, techniques, determination, and most of all the mental strength to win. Both teams treated each point as a crucial point. In the final set, both teams were stretched to the limits as they entered into deuce and end with the results of 21-18 16-21 28-26 in favour to the Chinese pair. To be honest, I wished that the South Korean pair won the match as they are more aggressive in the final stages of the game, but it was the determination of the Chinese pair that helped then won the game. All in all, with the spirit shown by both pairs, there are no total loser for that match.

Enough of the badminton world. Recently, I bought a new badminton racket :)


It is a Protech Arcstriker 9 and worth about RM120 but I got a discount and bought it for RM100. It will replaced my current Yonex racket which I had used it since Form 4 as a birthday present by my dad :) But, this doesn't mean I will throw away my old racket. Instead, I will use it as a back up racket.

I received this racket just after I watched an exhibition match involving Wong Choong Hann with a state champion. Although it is a exhibition match, both players perform as though it is a real match. They showed us how a real drop shot is, how to play tight net exchanges, and tactics are more important than aggressiveness. As the result, it amazed the audience of more than 60. with some exciting moments. In the end of the game, he won that game in straight set. It was my first taste of a world class badminton :)

Wong Choong Hann with my two nephews (behind is the state player that he will faced later)

Pose with my new racket and the used shuttlecock (it still looked NEW) played by Wong Choong Hann

My nephews and niece with the same shuttlecock and respective new rackets:)

10 comments:

I AM A BLOGGER said...

huiyo!!!!!!!! waaaaaaa, but, y din u take photo wif u every time?

Wei Wen said...

haha... i did take one with him but it is blurry, so better not post it online :P

I AM A BLOGGER said...

aiyo, then take another 1 lah~~~~ usually take photo , u shud take 2 shots of the same thing..hehe

ooo, my pretty-cutie-angelic soya urinates blood due to formation of crystals inside her bladder lah. mostly becoz her getting old [63] ><

Wei Wen said...

oic... i thought she had a salty diet.

sarah said...

how did you get the racket that wong choong han used? he sold it to you?

Wei Wen said...

haha, he didnt sold it to me. I order it long ago before that day and it is not his racket at all, you thk i'm that rich to buy his racket. The only thing that used by him is the shuttlecock which gave by the organizer :)

sarah said...

haha i see i see.. so now youre more canggihfied la with new racket and new techniques haha. so when we playing? :P

Wei Wen said...

no la... long time didnt play already. In fact, I did't have the chance to try it, kinda sad isn't it. :P

K2 said...

protech arcstriker 9 i juz bought RM50 with Yonex string BG-66 n a free Karakal grip...too expensive u bought...bro...n the protech PowerSaber 10 also RM60...so i bought 2 arcstriker 9 n PowerSaber 10 juz only RM200...a the man give a Protech bag as free...^~^

fenghuilv said...

I like your blog very much, I think you will pleased to look at babolat aeropro drive gt.Thank you!

Post a Comment